In a civil qui tam lawsuit pending in San Mateo County against seven laboratories, the State of California Attorney General's Office has intervened. A qui tam complaint contains allegations, have not been proven and are currently being defended by the laboratories including one of our clients:
The laboratories are:
(1) Quest Diagnostics, Inc., based in Madison, NJ; its affiliate Specialty Laboratories, Inc., based in Valencia, CA; and 4 other Quest affiliates;
(2) Health Line Clinical Laboratories, Inc., now known as Taurus West, Inc., based in Burbank, CA;
(3) Westcliff Medical Laboratories, Inc., based in Santa Ana, CA;
(4) Physicians Immunodiagnostic Laboratory, Inc., based in Burbank, CA;
(5) Whitefield Medical Laboratory, Inc., based in Pomona, CA;
(6) Seacliff Diagnostics Medical Group, based in Monterey Park, CA; and
(7) Laboratory Corporation of America, based in Burlington, NC.
A copy of the complaint can be found at: http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/press/pdfs/n1705_complaint_asfiled.pdf
The State Attorney General's Office also issued a press release that seemed somewhat sensational and reflects the issues facing Medi-Cal providers in these difficult budgetary and political times. The press release can be found at:
Any questions or comments should be directed to: email@example.com. Tracy Green is a principal at Green and Associates. They represent health care providers in the defense of qui tam lawsuits.